JOIN IRTA TODAY
Help Us Protect Your Healthcare
We Are A Watchdog For Your Pension, Too
The More Members, The More Powerful Our Voice
Who is IRTA?
As the voice of Illinois’ retired educators, the Illinois Retired Teachers Association (IRTA) is a nonprofit organization created to defend pension and healthcare protection via its lobbying efforts and advocating for retirees. We also provide group rates on supplemental insurance and extend travel and entertainment options for our members.
Pension and Healthcare Protection
The Association is currently in a court battle to prevent the State of Illinois from further decimating the teacher retiree healthcare fund. The Pritzker administration recently made a change to the funding formula. That action now under-pays the fund by hundreds of millions of dollars. The healthcare of all teacher retirees is now at great risk. According to an independent actuarial review conducted by the Retired Teachers’ Association, the negative cash flows to the fund will result in a ‘total depletion of the Fund’s assets at some point during fiscal year 2023.’ Association President Bill Funkhouser urgently now asks every retired educator to join the Association to assist in stopping this dire tragedy.
Discounts On The Things You Need & Want
Association membership provides group rates on supplemental insurance, travel deals, discounted movie tickets and more. Your membership easily pays for itself in rewards like discounts on vacations, computers, rental cars, dining and even pet insurance.
A Vibrant Community
Enjoy domestic and international trips and getaways, local gatherings, new friendships and philanthropic opportunities.
Who Can Join?
IRTA members include retired and soon-to-be-retired teachers, administrators, coaches, counselors, school nurses, and others who have served our children in Illinois’ school systems
IRTA Membership is right for you if…
- If you are a retired or soon-to-be-retired employee from one of the State of Illinois school systems
- You are a family member of retired educator in Illinois and are concerned about protecting the constitutional rights of retirees
- You want to show support for IRTA in their fight to protect the healthcare fund for retired educators
- You want to support the organization dedicated solely to protecting the pension and healthcare for retired educators
- You want to take advantage of the IRTA discounts and savings provided to retirees
- You need group rate supplemental healthcare, such as dental and vision insurance, which is not provided through the state retirement system
- You want to be involved with friendly, like-minded people in the community
- You want to travel and go on getaways with a fun group of people
- You want members-only discounts on movie tickets, travel, electronics, and more.
Insurance Benefits and Discounts
Our association works hard to protect your pension AND your insurance benefits.
Thanks to our trusted partner, Association Member Benefits Advisors (AMBA), members are eligible for exclusive supplemental insurance. Get group rates on dental, vision, long-term care, home healthcare, cancer, heart, stroke, life insurance, and other policies.
If you’ve had trouble getting supplemental insurance at a reasonable rate, here’s your chance! Best of all, it’s easy – you can enroll online or by phone.
- Choose your own dentist – No network required.
- Save 20-40% – With a dentist in the Ameritas Dental Network.
- No Waiting Periods – For covered services during open enrollment.
- Over 400,000 providers to choose from – Whether home or traveling.
- Wide Range of Procedures – Covered up to 100% with a low deductible
- High Calendar Year Maximum – And ability to carry over some unused maximum to the next year.
- Choose from thousands of eye doctors nationwide.
- One-stop convenience for eye exams and eyewear, your local Walmart included.
- Great Benefits and Low Copays:
- WellVision Exam covered every 12 months with a $15 copay.
- Prescription Eyeglasses with a $25 copay.
- Frames covered every 24 months
- $150 allowance on wide selection of frames
- $170 allowance for featured brands
- 20% savings on amount over allowance
- Lenses covered every 12 months.
- Single vision, lined bifocal & lined trifocal lenses
- 100% coverage on Progressive lenses
- 20-25% saving on non-covered lens enhancements such as anti-reflective and UV coating
- Contact Lens Exam covered every 12 months (instead of eyeglasses).
- 20% savings on additional glasses and sunglasses.
This plan can give you the peace of mind of protecting your family from the high cost of final expenses.
• No medical exam or lab tests
• No decrease in coverage due to age or health
- Medical Transportation Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Home Healthcare Insurance
- Hearing Plan
- Cancer / Heart / Stroke Insurance
- Fixed Index Annuity
Enjoy savings, right from your computer, at myAMBAdiscounts.com. Retirement is an adventure—why not save money along the way? As a member of the association, you can enjoy exclusive discounts on:
- Household Items
- Rental Cars
- And more