JOIN IRTA TODAY
We Help Protect Your Healthcare & Pension
We Provide Group Rates On Dental Insurance & More
We Have Fun and Save You Money
Who is IRTA?
Illinois Retired Teachers Association (IRTA) is the voice of Illinois’ Retired Educators. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to defending pension and healthcare protection for people like you via lobbying and advocating the state legislature. We also provide group rates on supplemental insurance and extend travel and entertainment options for our members..
All Educators Deserve Financial Security In Retirement
IRTA is dedicated to protecting defined-benefit pension plans because they provide a predictable, guaranteed benefit for educators when they retire.
We work with affiliates and numerous allies in the state legislature, we help organize the resistance to coordinated and well-funded attacks on educators’ retirement security.
You’ve worked hard for your retirement. We work hard to protect it.
Retirement Is An Adventure – Why Not Save Money Along The Way?
With AMBA Discounts, IRTA members can save big on many of your favorite things. Enjoy big savings on travel, entertainment, dining out, electronics, jewelry, and so much more. Best of all? Access to all these savings is FREE with your IRTA membership.
Have Fun With New Friends
Enjoy domestic and international trips and getaways, local gatherings, new friendships, and philanthropic opportunities with our vibrant community.
We have two events coming up we’re excited about and hope you’ll join us:
– Upcoming Cubs games
– October Cruise to Panama
There’s no better time to join IRTA.
There’s no better time to join IRTA. Join now and enjoy FREE membership for the rest of 2024. And after that, only $3.50 per month through pension deduct – cancel anytime!
Who Can Join?
IRTA members include retired and soon-to-be-retired teachers, administrators, coaches, counselors, school nurses, and others who have served our children in Illinois’ school systems
IRTA Membership is right for you if…
- If you are a retired or soon-to-be-retired employee from one of the State of Illinois school systems
- You are a family member of retired educator in Illinois and are concerned about protecting the constitutional rights of retirees
- You want to show support for IRTA in their fight to protect the healthcare fund for retired educators
- You want to support the organization dedicated solely to protecting the pension and healthcare for retired educators
- You want to take advantage of the IRTA discounts and savings provided to retirees
- You need group rate supplemental healthcare, such as dental and vision insurance, which is not provided through the state retirement system
- You want to be involved with friendly, like-minded people in the community
- You want to travel and go on getaways with a fun group of people
- You want members-only discounts on movie tickets, travel, electronics, and more.
Insurance Benefits and Discounts
Our association works hard to protect your pension AND your insurance benefits.
Thanks to our trusted partner, Association Member Benefits Advisors (AMBA), members are eligible for exclusive supplemental insurance. Get group rates on dental, vision, long-term care, home healthcare, cancer, heart, stroke, life insurance, and other policies.
If you’ve had trouble getting supplemental insurance at a reasonable rate, here’s your chance! Best of all, it’s easy – you can enroll online or by phone.
- Choose your own dentist – No network required.
- Save 20-40% – With a dentist in the Ameritas Dental Network.
- No Waiting Periods – For covered services during open enrollment.
- Over 400,000 providers to choose from – Whether home or traveling.
- Wide Range of Procedures – Covered up to 100% with a low deductible
- High Calendar Year Maximum – And ability to carry over some unused maximum to the next year.
- Choose from thousands of eye doctors nationwide.
- One-stop convenience for eye exams and eyewear, your local Walmart included.
- Great Benefits and Low Copays:
- WellVision Exam covered every 12 months with a $15 copay.
- Prescription Eyeglasses with a $25 copay.
- Frames covered every 24 months
- $150 allowance on wide selection of frames
- $170 allowance for featured brands
- 20% savings on amount over allowance
- Lenses covered every 12 months.
- Single vision, lined bifocal & lined trifocal lenses
- 100% coverage on Progressive lenses
- 20-25% saving on non-covered lens enhancements such as anti-reflective and UV coating
- Contact Lens Exam covered every 12 months (instead of eyeglasses).
- 20% savings on additional glasses and sunglasses.
This plan can give you the peace of mind of protecting your family from the high cost of final expenses.
• No medical exam or lab tests
• No decrease in coverage due to age or health
- Medical Transportation Services
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Home Healthcare Insurance
- Hearing Plan
- Cancer / Heart / Stroke Insurance
- Fixed Index Annuity
Enjoy savings, right from your computer, at myAMBAdiscounts.com. Retirement is an adventure—why not save money along the way? As a member of the association, you can enjoy exclusive discounts on:
- Household Items
- Rental Cars
- And more